Videographer | Photographer | Designer | Artist | IT | Technologist
Writer | Editor | Marketer | RN | Volunteer Rural Firefighter
I am a documentary film maker, photographer, artist, designer and maker.
I am really a 50:50 creative and technology geek;
which has huge advantages for getting a project from conception, through development and successful launch.
My experience is broad; from filming-making, graphic design, IT technology, web & print-based work, e-learning, healthcare, education, tourism, aviation, gardening and art gallery administration.
I am an active volunteer in various capacities in the Far North of New Zealand, including native plantings, marine conservation, video and design/web work for non-profits and volunteer rural firefighting.
A background in video & photography, audio, design, visual arts, IT, marketing, editing, writing and healthcare allows me to view the world, through the lens, with a focus on the key elements of the story.
Doing what you love is not work. I love what I do. It is interesting, challenging and meaningful.
Jo Armstrong – experience and qualifications
My experience is diverse. I describe myself as a multipotentialite.
- Diploma in Film & TV Production (South Seas)
Camera | Lighting | Audio
- Multimedia & Online Training Developer
- Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Print
- Helicopter Ground Crew, Sales & Marketing
- RN – Surgical/Medical Nursing (North Shore & Auckland City Hospital)
- Medical Writer, QA, Data Management & Analyst, Software Tester
- Newswriter, Writer, Editor (Bream Bay News & Freelance)
- Marketer (AUT)
- Design & Visual Arts (Unitec)
- Art Gallery Administrator (Geoff Wilson Gallery)